Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Random “Isms” of this week so far…
When life seems up-side-down, it helps me to stop and consider the little things in life...
• I was causally strolling along the sidewalk under the trees, heading home after a long day at work. Note: I was minding my own business. Suddenly a squirrel came flying out of the trashcan next to me and hurdled itself in my direction. I’m not sure which one of us was more surprised, but we both let out an un-stifled scream upon collision and ran in opposite directions.
• I have been trying to be rational and not count the stairs at work (one of my quirks) and thus far have succeeded. However, I have somehow managed in spite of my efforts to the contrary, to make a mental note of whether each set of stairs has an odd of even number. I can certifiably tell you which set is odd and which set is even. How sad.
• I seem to be making a habit out of forgetting my umbrella on days when rain makes its appearance. Why is that?
• Baby Mac: is making sure I eat 6 square meals a day, no more than 2 hours apart; loves horseback riding (that’s what I’m predicting, since I feel so great after each ride on my favorite horse); is not showing much yet, but we can probably thank my longer torso for that… I don’t think it’s for any lack of effort on Baby’s Mac’s part; is going to be very loved by a certain Valiant puppy – she was so enthralled with a baby she met at the blueberry patch that I had to drag her away.
• I recently purchased 5 large bottles of Avon Skin So Soft… the insect count in TN is a great deal higher than TX and SsS is supposed to be a great alternative to fly spray for horses. It felt like a really extravagant purchase, though.
• And last but definitely not least… I’m happy to say that “George” is back – “Kris” has been around a little too much lately, which really makes me appreciate “George”.
Posted by McBean at 2:25 PM