Monday, February 01, 2010
My dear friend, Kim, bestowed this sweet honor on me (and my blog) last week. Thank you Mrs. Asiaramblin! It was such a treat to be honored in this way!
I am to note 7 things about myself that you might not know, before passing this honor along to a blog I enjoy. So here it goes...
1. My first memory is of my Daddy playing hide-and-seek with me, when I was almost three years old.
2. If I was asked at any given moment where I would like to be, my first answer would always be: Bandon, Oregon. Why? Many marvelous memories of running along the beach as a kid, and then, 15 years later, getting the opportunity to take my hubby there. It’s kind of a magical place.
3. I’ve only had one vaccine in my life: a tetanus shot.
4. I don’t like to re-read any books… I’ve tried, but I just get bored. I think I will have to teach myself to appreciate re-reading books as I read to Madigan, since he will likely have favorites that he wants to keep revisiting. Winnie-the-Pooh might be the exception to my anti-re-reading phenomenon.
5. My imagination + darkness can easily get the better of me… if I’m home alone at night I have to keep a tight rein on the imagination lest I start hearing things. I also don’t do so well walking outside in the dark, alone – thanks to Dad scaring Krista and I on our walks from the barn to the house when we were kids. Thanks Dad!
6. I have soft spot for Vivaldi. I think he was a brilliant composer and I love how lighthearted his music is.
7. I was the wicked twin and played countless pranks on Krista when we were growing up. My worst? The Robbie letter (ask Krista).
So, without further ado, I would like to nominate: Family Snippets.
Cheryl's blog has given me a consistently delightful and refreshing perspective on the joys of family, child rearing and enjoying the life that God has given.
Posted by McBean at 11:05 AM