And yet, there is serenity and peace in the midst of it all.
Sunday is supposed to be a day of rest, but so often I find myself rushing from one designated place to another, never really taking the time to be still. With my hubby "under the weather" I had the excuse I needed to take time to pause.
And this is what I (re)discovered:
• Spring is here: people are lining the roadside to take pictures of their children and pets in the blue bonnets, two new baby horses on my way to the barn, cool and CRISP air makes being outside unavoidable.
• Valiant and Madison are so interactive! I know this, but they are more than happy to remind me, in case I should forget. They were SO HAPPY to have me home to do their bidding (cuddle time, laser pointer, more cuddle time, walk in the park, cuddle time).
• The plants on my porch are starting to blossom and grow, a reminder that we can plant the seed but HE makes it grow.
• A phone call from an old friend, which I was actually able to answer because I was home. A sweet walk down memory lane.
• Garlic. I roasted some garlic and it was yumm!
• The book of James is so direct. I haven’t read it in a while and I forgot how much I love it.
• My horse is losing her winter coat and shedding into her shiny new summer coat. Another reminder that life is seasonal, always changing.
I love reading your blog. It is always so "you"! It was great to talk to you on Saturday even if it was only for a moment... Take care and happy spring!
Post a Comment