- "The Tenant of Wildfell Hall" by Anne Bronte - Excellent character study.
- "The Man Who Was Thursday" by G.K. Chesterton - Beware the unexpected ending!
- "Agnes Grey" by Anne Bronte - Short, but profound.
- "The Problem of Pain" by C.S. Lewis - "The Son of God suffered unto the death, not that men might not suffer, but that their suffering might be like His." George MacDonald
- "Pride and Prejudice" by Jane Austen - Mr. Darcy... need I say more?
- "Women Helping Women" by Fitzpatrick and Cornish - On counseling other women Biblically.
- "A Christian Manifesto" by Francis Schaffer - A call for Christians to change the course of history.
- "Fun and Games in Marriage" by Dorothy T. Samuel - my fourth read of this book
- "Recovering Biblical Manhood and Womanhood" by John Piper and Wayne Grudem - I'm only 5 chapters into this one, but it is well referenced and extremely thought provoking.
Friday, October 05, 2007
I have read some really remarkable books lately and I find myself thinking about them periodically throughout each day. I'm currently in the first chapter of "Lorna Doone" with a copyright dated 1943. Anyway, here is the list of books I highly recommend, which I have read recently:
Posted by McBean at 9:03 AM